St. Louis roofing companies
Common Commercial Roofing Problems
Common commercial roof repairs. We see these common issues on a daily basis. A lot of commercial roofing systems accommodate HVAC equipment and other vital items necessary for the building to operate. With that being said there’s typically a lot of roof penetrations and as we all know the more roof penetrations the higher the chance of leaks. Roof penetrations are the most common leaks we see but below are other common commercial roof leaks we come across as a St. Louis roofing company.
- Condensation intruding the membrane
- Tears and Ruptures
- Water Intrusion/ Leaks
- Brittle/ Cracking
- Ponding water
- UV Damage
- Wind Damage
- Hail Damage
St. Louis Roofing
Sometimes a roof cant be repaired and will need a full roof replacement. This is usually because the roof is to old and a majority of the shingles wont hold up anymore. Over time your shingles get beat down from the outside elements and eventually wont seal and repel water properly. That’s when a full roof replacement is a must. Roof replacements usually can be done in a day or two and without the homeowner even being home. We use architectural shingles from Owens Corning to give our customers the best quality roof we can. Roof Replacements can also be a great way for you to finish your exterior remodel. We want to provide the best service we can for our customers. From the quality of our materials to the quality of communication between the salesmen and the customer. Roof replacements are major projects, so don’t just let any company replace or repair your roof. Make sure you hire a reputable company so you don’t run into any problems down the road. Repairing a roof that has just been replaced is never good and will end up costing you more in the end.
Calling a St. Louis roofing company may seem stressful because you are unsure what the problem may be or where to even start. What is the process of getting a new roof? What are some basic things that you may need to know? Below are some things that will help you gain some general knowledge of your roof repair or replacement.
The most common residential choices for St. Louis roofs include:
- Asphalt Composition Shingles: These are by the far the most popular roof material. They are cheap and easy to obtain but some find them less attractive than other choices due to their flat appearance.
- Wood Shakes or Shingles: While these are a very attractive choice, they also come with a larger price tag. They are durable but not recommended in areas where there is fire danger.
- Metal Roofing: Roofs made of aluminum or steel have gained some popularity over the years due to their durability and being fire resistant. The roofs are expensive and requires a specialty contractor for installation. What may be more expensive right away may save you some money in the long run due to its long lifespan. There are several types of metal roofing available to you, such as, raised-seam panels and products that mimic the look of composite shingles.
- Slate Roofing: This is definitely a very attractive high end option. Slate is very expensive and very heavy. While they are very nice to look at, they are slippery to walk on and make repairs very difficult.
- Composition Slate: These are synthetic tiles made from 95% recycled materials. They resemble slate but are much lighter and less likely to damage.
- Clay Or Ceramic Tile: This red tile roof is common in Southern California and Florida. While this Spanish style is still popular it is gradually getting replaced by metal and composite materials that still have that Spanish look. Now there are materials available that are also fire resistant but they are much lighter called half-barrel shingles.
- Flat Roof: Most flat roofs are TPO, Epdm, Modified bitumen, Tar, or they have a Silicone coating over one of these above
Why wait longer to start obtaining the benefits of solar power?
Talk to our solar experts today learn more about the technology or to obtain a quote for a solar Panels today